Friday, June 30, 2006

Half a day of sleep and cucumber beauty treatments

Heading to Missoula, Montana this afternoon for a weekend of laid-back, low-key racing. The fields will be small and the courses will be pretty. Plus, Missoula has a fantastic ice cream shop that I'll have to hit at least once. I just feel guilty leaving the kitties here alone every weekend.

Did one of the local TTs last night and had my best time of the year. I was a little concerned that I was possibly coming down with something because I slept for 13 hours Wednesday night. Not sure why I slept so long. I woke up and it was 12:30 - shocked me!

I had some cucumber left over a couple nights ago after making a salad dressing, so I came up with the brilliant idea of making a face mask with it. I found a recipe on the internet and whipped it together, though it seemed a lot runnier than it seemed it should be. I laid down on a towel on the living room floor and Ted volunteered to "paint" it on my face with a pastry brush. Didn't work so well, getting all over everything and running down the sides of my head. The cats found it interesting, though. Either the recipe was messed up or I should have used a regular, rather than English, cucumber. I think I'll purchase a mask the next time I want to try something like this.

I just ran downstairs because I heard a crash and knew Pazza was into something. Sure enough, she was on top of the refrigerator again. Apparently she's been eating holes through the cat food bag while we're gone. She's a little piggy.

No comments: