Monday, May 19, 2008

Hood


Moriah MacGregor and I couldn't resist getting our photo taken with Jeannie Longo, the greatest female cyclist ever.


And, here's Ted with Jeannie.

The past week at Mt. Hood was not a great one for me at all on the bike. Not sure why really because I thought it would be. All I can figure is that I don't have enough racing in the legs. The other Bob's ladies did awesome, so that made up for my personal disappointment.

I timed myself for the prologue, which is something I do not normally do. When the results came out, my time was 7 seconds off of what I had gotten for myself. In a 1.7 mile event, lasting about 3 minutes, 7 seconds is a lot! I disputed my time with the judges, but to no avail. Two days later, however, they corrected my time, along with the time of another woman, and I was much happier. I guess they must have discovered a glitch. Not that the prologue really matters anyway, but it was the principle of the fact that I knew I had gotten a much better time.

The rest of the stages were rough for me. I just had no snap in my legs. I called it a day after 25 miles Saturday. They did not enforce time cuts that day, so I could have hung in to do Sunday's crit, but my legs were feeling so bad anyway that I don't think I would have lasted long in the crit.

It's nice to be home after being gone for a week. Hitcher is completely hoarse after being in the kennel. The only problem is that we think we have a yellow jacket nest somewhere in the house - we have killed 4 of them in the house this morning. Yikes! After being stung 17 times a couple years ago, I have a bit of a phobia.

3 comments:

StevenCX said...

Jeannie Longo graced Mt. Hood? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Why don't you send the photos to the TRCC webpage?

Michael said...

Kill those yellowjackets now Allison. Here's a post of mine explaining how best to accomplish that. Every yellowjacket you get in May reduces the late summer population by 5000.