Saturday, October 02, 2010

The last week in Spokane has been gorgeous - temps in the 80s and sun! We got out for a hard group ride this morning, which I followed up with a nap in my sunny hammock. My thesis is still not complete, so I am working on it each weekend, and as much as possible during the week. I started a new job two weeks ago at Commercial Creamery, so my thesis work time is restricted during the week.

Ted and I are both healing pretty well and back to riding regularly. I started PT several weeks ago and it has really been helping. Basically, the muscles on the left side of my back have not been efficiently recruited in quite some time, so they are very weak in comparison to the right side. My exercises are helping with these recruitment issues. For the first 2 weeks after starting PT, the left side of my back would fatigue within 30 minutes of starting to ride, almost to the point of cramping. That has significantly decreased in the last week or 2. I almost feel like I'll be able to train like everyone else this time around! Yay!

1 comment:

René said...

I found this and I thought maybe you'd like to trade commnents? If you leave me one, I'll come right back to post one for you as well. How can you get more comments on your posts? I talked a little bit about that in my article on blog commenting, but here are a few extra ideas.

Change the default “0 comments” text.
The first thing you should do is change that horrid default text that says “0 comments” to something more interesting and engaging. On Blog Tyrant posts where there are zero comments, the note reads, “Leave a comment, handsome.” That’s much more personal than “0 comments.” To change this text on your blog, just go to your Main Index Template file in your template editor, find the section called php comments_popup_link, and change the relevant areas. I also change the other text in that section, so instead of saying 5 Comments it says 5 Intelligent Opinions.
Ask for comments.
The next thing you need to do is specifically ask for comments. Design your articles in such a way that they really encourage people to leave comments and share their thoughts. This has a lot to do with not answering all their questions in the post itself, but can also mean putting a question in the title or the first paragraph of your post. There is a danger here, however, as if you constantly ask for comments, and no one leaves any, you’ll start to look even more lonely.
Create a “buddy” group.
This is something I used to do years and years ago, and it worked quite well. Find a group of blogs in your niche that don’t get many comments, and send them an email explaining that you’ll leave comments on their posts if they’ll do the same for you. It works really well.