Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Onion Man Triathlon

Two weekends ago, I raced in the Onion Man Triathlon in Walla Walla. This was the first triathlon I did when I started doing triathlons two years ago. I was happy to see that the weather was much better this time than it was the last. The race started with the 1500m swim. I made an effort to start more quickly than I have in the past, and I did a decent job of keeping a steady pace. I swam considerably faster than I did earlier this year at Dunes City, so that was positive. I was still a bit behind coming out of the water.




Coming out of the water, I was excited to start the bike portion of the course. I had done much of the course before (the course was changed the morning of the race, due to a car accident), as it is one of the TT courses used for the Tour of Walla Walla. I settled into the bike pretty quickly, and caught a large number of people. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch two of the ladies ahead of me, as they were too far ahead after the swim, and were also good cyclists. Though my bike was good, it was definitely not my best ride. With less than 1000 miles in my legs, I cannot complain too much.

As I headed into the run, I could tell my legs just didn't feel up to par. I ran the best pace I could for the day, which left me in 4th place overall, and 3rd in my age group.

No comments: