Friday, March 31, 2006

Big Brother Wins

So, the sibling race up the hill took place yesterday. We chose the Anatone grade, which is about 3.5 miles long and really gradual. I decided that my best strategy would be to set a hard pace for me, with hopes that it would hurt Rusty. I ramped it up to a pace that was hard for me and he was still with me, so then I decided I needed to recover a bit, in case he attacked. I threw in an attack and he stayed with me, which brought us up to the top and a sprint, which he took. I think the problem was that I have never in my life been able to ride with Rusty and have him unable to drop me at any second, so I just kept expecting him to drop me. He said afterwards that I was stronger, but I didn't play my cards right. I didn't have enough confidence to attack him, but I should have tried it, and maybe it would have turned out differently. He did end up throwing up afterwards, which gave me a little satisfaction in knowing that I was able to hurt him.

No comments: