Monday, April 10, 2006

Elma

Ted and I went over to the west side of the state again this past weekend to do the Elma Road Race, and possibly the Boat Street crit. I felt much better in the road race than I had in my first weekend of racing this season, getting into a break with Gina Kavesh and Carrie Eller. The three of us worked well together, getting a three minute gap. On the final climb, I could tell Carrie and Gina were hurting and attacked, and had the legs to maintain it. Ted's luck wasn't so great, as he was in the winning break when his crank loosened up and he was unable to make it back in the race. To make his day even better, I managed to drive over his training wheels on my way to the feed zone. He had even told me he had put them against the back of the car, and I just forgot they were there... until I heard an awful sound. Still not sure if the front one is salvagable. Oops.

We ended up not doing the crit on Sunday since it was raining and it's a nasty course, even when dry. Sadly, a racer died while doing the 1/2 men's race there: http://www.bikecafe.net/newsmgt/bn/?a=696&z=7

Here's a link to a press release for the other team I'll be riding for this year (in addition to doing NW races for Emde Sports): http://www.bikecafe.net/newsmgt/bn/?a=652&z=7

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: