Sunday, December 02, 2007

Weekend at home



We were originally planning on spending this weekend in Portland, but we opted to stay home, for several reasons; we were both tired of travel with just getting home on Wednesday. Plus, neither of us is super fit right now. My car is in the body shop and I think we both worry a little about taking Ted's car on longer trips, considering it has ~265,000 miles on it.

Our weekend consisted of getting a Christmas tree, having lunch with my parents at their house, and making a batch of Christmas cookies, along with a tiny bit of Christmas shopping. Not a super exciting weekend, but it was nice to get some things done.

I'm hoping/planning to hear the insurance company's decision on my car in the next day or so. The body shop's estimate is complete, so it's now just up to the insurance company as to whether the car is repaired or replaced. If they decided to repair, it'll be at least a couple weeks until it's done, which is just one more reason to hope they decide to let me get a new one. Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

UltraMick said...

Ho ho ho! I've been looking at your plate of cookies during a conference call, and now I'm hungry! From Mick's report, you missed a cold, wet, miserable race in Portland.