Sunday, May 16, 2010

I used to be kind of fast...

I'm just back from my first larger race of the year. I had fun simply being on the bike, but my performance was far from satisfying. Ted reminds me that my training is very inferior to what it should be for me to be competitive at a 1/2 level, and I just looked back through my training times (total riding time, including races) in the past few months:

January - 37.5 hours
February - 34 hours
March - 26.5 hours
April - 21 hours
May through the 16th - 21 hours
Sum - NOT MUCH!!!

It's frustrating to be so significantly slower than I was even a few years ago. My back has just been preventing me from training for any significant periods of time. Looking at these hours, I see that I should have no expectations for myself right now. It would just be nice to be able to have some expectations, and to be able to put the time in that I want to. I hope I can someday train and race the way I used to, and that my fastest days are not simply in the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, well you're one step ahead of me- at least you know how many hours you rode each month! my training plan consists of: race when i can, ride when i can (3 hours during the week, not including wknd racing, would be a BIG week! 1 or 2 is more common). you are NOT all washed up, you are too young for that. just gotta get that back whipped into shape. easier said than done, i know. congrats on surviving the race this wknd. at least you were there...

-suz