Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Horses

I love horses. When we lived in Laramie, Wyoming, Rusty and I had a horse named Lady. She was the sweetest horse in the world and we would often just hop on her bareback, bribing her with hay until she was parallel to the fence so we could jump on. She had to be put down years ago when she became sick; we had all discovered bike racing by that point, so she didn't get ridden nearly often enough. I have not been on a horse since I was last on Lady. Seems like forever ago.

I find myself longing to ride a horse. Anytime I see a horse by a roadside, I just want to hop on. I would love to own one again - to be able to just go for a ride at the end of the day. It is so relaxing and fun. I hope someday to be in the position to get a horse again.

Watching the Preakness on Saturday was awful. It was so sad to see Barbaro break his leg. I just hope he'll heal and be able to be a stud horse.

No comments: