Friday, May 12, 2006

Random Stuff

Heading to Wenatchee this afternoon to do an omnium: http://pazzovelo.com/events/races/2002/wenatchee/

I am really hoping to have a good race this weekend since my racing has been less than great so far this year. A good race would really restore my morale and my confidence in my training, so here's hoping that I come home happy on Sunday. This nasty chest cold is still hanging on a little, but I am definitely on the up-swing.

I got my hair cut last week, along with my mom, by a woman who was my neighbor my senior year in college. She seriously could be a character in a movie with a voice like Minnie Mouse, a professional bodybuilding boyfriend, a collection of 3000+ angels, and her whole outward appearance; she is petite with short, spiky white hair, a round face, and an odd skin tone. She is extremely forgetful, asking questions over and over in a matter of minutes, and constantly giving you compliments. She's very nice and friendly, and I think she's good at what she does. Plus, she's entertaining. I switched to her recently after years of having a friend's wife cut my hair, which got me thinking about how awkward it would be to run into my old hair stylist, as she would obviously know that I have been going to someone else. Hmmm... not sure how I would handle that.

My boss has been getting grumpier and grumpier lately, leaving me to determine that he really does not enjoy what he does. When I interviewed with him, he told me this romantic story of how he left his other job late in life when he walked into a bakery, realizing that his true calling was to own a bakery of his own. All of his employees talk about how hard he is to work for when he is gone. My one fellow employee told me a couple days ago that he thinks our boss would be a great guy to know outside of work, but he's just so miserable inside those walls that he's awful to work for. It's really too bad because I, along with all of the other employees, see numerous changes he could make to his business that would make him happier. To start with, he could stop being the delivery boy and actually do some of the baking himself. Anyway, I'm just ranting now.

I'm off to make a pasta salad to take with us this weekend. And, to play "da bird" with Pazza. If you have a playful cat, you should get one of these toys: http://www.thecatconnection.com/Da-Bird-Cat-Teaser.html Pazza and Shamus both love it. Pazza actually goes looking for it and pulls it out whenever she can.

No comments: