Monday, May 08, 2006

Racing Updates

So, to complete the Willamette updates (finally), it was a good weekend for the team, as my teammate, Suz, won the G.C. For me personally, the remaining stages didn't go so well. For whatever reason, I could not focus in my time trial. When I found myself thinking about what I would eat for lunch later that day, I knew I was not having a good one. Not sure what was going on, but I just couldn't get into it. Hopefully I can fix that soon, as I have a bunch of more important tts coming up. The final road race didn't go great either - I could tell it was my first stage race of the season because my legs were complaining from the start.

I had hoped to race in the WA state championship road race this past weekend, but found myself with a nasty chest and head cold, so ended up sitting it out. I always get a bit grumpy when I am watching races I would rather be doing. I am going to race next weekend in Wenatchee, WA, so I'm crossing my fingers that everything comes together better for me there.

No comments: