Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cyclocross

My first cyclocross race of 2006 is officially under my belt. I was definitely a little rough around the edges and had my first experience racing with the A women, finishing at the tail end. I had a good time and absolutely got a fantastic workout. Ted's experience was pretty much on par with mine. The amazing thing was how many people showed up - last I heard was around 500! I suppose the sunny skies and mid-70 temperature contributed to that; we'll see how many people show up once it's raining, snowing, muddy, and 40.

We got to visit with Ted's family over the weekend too, so that was fun. We had some good food, watched Ted's niece play soccer, and just relaxed. Heading over that way again this coming weekend. The kitties sure hate it when we leave - Shamus likes to leave presents for Ted - about a foot from his litter box.

3 comments:

UltraMick said...

Hope to see you guys at Star Crossed on Saturday night! Good luck! Watch for me in the beer garden. :)

Old as dirt said...

She'll be the one holding me upright after I've drunk too much Pabst Beer!!!

Allison said...

Yep, we'll be at Starcrossed. I'll be in the beer garden once my race has finished.