Friday, September 01, 2006

Getting older

Lots to do in the next few days before I head to Bermuda on Monday. My trip to Bermuda is going to be awfully long, as I fly to Salt Lake City and have a 9 hour layover there before taking the redeye to Newark, and then on to Bermuda. I decided today to get a hotel room in Salt Lake City to help pass the time. At least I'll be able to watch a movie or take a nap vs. sitting in a terminal all afternoon/evening. On the plus side, my trip home will be much easier with only small layovers.

I'm having puppy cravings again. I should say that I always crave a puppy, but that it gets more intense from time to time. Right now I covet every puppy I see walking down the street! To make it worse, I torture myself by looking at the available shelter puppies online - I always find at least three I cannot live without.

I can tell I'm getting older because I can no longer do a hard physical effort without a pretty decent warmup. Last night I attempted to do a time trial with only 0.4 miles of warmup. Didn't work so well. Just a few years ago, people older than myself would insist that they had to warm up before a hard effort, which I didn't really understand; now I do. Scary.

No comments: