Thursday, February 01, 2007

changes

Today was finally my last day at my job. It seems like forever ago that I gave notice to my boss, so I was absolutely ready to be done. I spent the day "training" the guy who is replacing me, though I use the term training lightly since a monkey could do the job. Okay, so it's not quite that bad, but... Thank goodness for no more 5 am mornings. I actually had to go on sleeping medication when I started this job because I could not sleep with the idea of having to get up at 5. Eventually, after about a month, I got used to the idea (relatively). I will say that Ted got up with me every morning when I was home; he'd make me a cappuccino with stove-top Italian espresso, each morning, along with warming up my car and getting me on my way.

We're heading to Seattle this weekend since our Power Taps are available. I'm very excited for that. Hopefully it'll help with motivation since it has been incredibly cold here this week.

I have a lot of work to begin now that I am going to try to get this personal chef service going. I'm diving into it all tomorrow, beginning with pricing for my service. Lots to do, but it's exciting to be doing something that is actually mentally stimulating.

Ted and I are hoping to go to Memphis to visit Rusty in March or April, depending on everyone's schedule. Hopefully there's a time that will work for everyone.

I came home from work one day recently and couldn't find Pazza, figuring she was sleeping under the covers on the bed... until I heard a hoars meow from behind the refrigerator. Sure enough, she had jumped in her crawl space between the fridge and hot water heater after Ted had left for work. It's her new thing, so we now have to barricade off the refrigerator whenever we leave the house. For longer periods of time, we actually pull the refrigerator out at an angle so she doesn't get stuck with no water - or food, but going without food for a couple days really wouldn't do either cat too much harm.

Wow. It's 12:37 am and I do not have to get up at 5 am. In fact, I don't have to get up at 5 anywhere in the near future. That is nice to realize for a person who hates early mornings and loves her sleep.

No comments: