Monday, April 02, 2007

Hitcher

It's been a very busy few days here. We picked up the new pup, Hitcher, on Saturday afternoon. He's a very sweet dog, who is content to just curl up in your lap. Considering his background of being lost and starving, and then shuffled around from place to place, it's amazing he's the good fella he is.

I'm still worried about the kitties, but I think it'll all work. Upstairs has been turned into "kitty safe zone," where Hitcher is not allowed to go. The cats can come downstairs if they choose, but he cannot follow them upstairs. Both Shamus and Pazza ventured down on Saturday, but they've been upstairs ever since. On the plus side, they are totally fine with us. When Pazza first came here, Shamus seemed angry at us and wanted nothing to do with us, but that's not the case this time. I'm really anxious for them all to meet and get along.

My back started bothering me yesterday afternoon and got worse as last night progressed. By the time I went to bed last night, I could barely walk! I have absolutely no idea what I did to it, but it is not happy. When I looked in the mirror this morning, I saw that I am totally leaning to one side. I had spastic scoliosis a couple years ago when I crashed, and I have it again now. I look ridiculous. I can barely get around today and feel like a cripple, so I have a feeling today will consist of sitting around. Bummer! I just got a new training schedule and was all ready to go riding today.

Hitcher's curled up next to me. I have to admit that he's pretty cute, and it's really been funny to watch him suck up to Ted. Ted's never had a dog before, but I think he's starting to bond with Hitcher. Tee-hee!

No comments: