Tuesday, June 26, 2007

helmet for wine



I hopped on the trainer for a cool down right after my Elkhorn TT and was approached by a guy with a charming Kiwi accent. He asked if he could borrow my TT helmet. I was hesitant to loan it out because it's new, but the guy explained that he was the leader for the 1/2 men and didn't have a helmet. He seemed nice, so I decided to let him use it. My helmet must be lucky or fast because it was used by both Tuckerman and me, and we ended up being the G.C. winners for the 1/2 men and 1/2 women.


Later that day, when he gave the helmet back, he handed me a bottle of wine from a local Oregon winery. Very nice of him, and the wine has received very good reviews, so it'll be fun to try it here soon.

3 comments:

UltraMick said...

It was good to race with you at Elkhorn again, to see your teammates work their different strengths in the race, and to see that you were able to recruit so many of them to come to Baker City. I hope your teammates, like mine, have already vowed to be there again next year!

Michael said...

Congratulations Allison. I see you even won the crit!

Allison said...

Thanks Mike, but I certainly didn't win the crit! The only win for me was the TT.