Thursday, July 19, 2007

Philly Trip

Back from Philly. We had a great time with our good friend Tammie and her boyfriend, Carlos. We drank some good beer, had some fantastic food, rode our bikes a little, and visited a lot. Oh yeah, and I did a bike race.

The problem with one day races is if you have a bad day, your race is over. I felt awful on the bike. My legs just didn't want to turn the pedals over. Why? Who knows? Ted has been sick for over a week, so perhaps I'm getting that. I've had a sore throat for a few days now. After I dropped out of the Nationals road race, Ted commented that I reeked of ammonia. I've never had that before. Ted had it happen once before and it was also at a race where he felt awful. A Google search basically says that no one really knows why it happens.

If you go to Philly and like tapas and martinis, this is a good place to try, but be prepared to drop some $: http://www.continentalmartinibar.com/

1 comment:

UltraMick said...

Sorry you had a bad day in Seven Springs. Cascade was hot as always; the guys looked miserable at the finish of stage 1 at the top of Pilot Butte. Suz proved how tough she is by sticking things out in the 3s.