Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's cyclocross time!



The first cross race of the season was yesterday at South Seatac, which is definitely not a venue that suits me. With several sandy sections and some twisty singletrack, I would lose ground every time things got a little more technical. On the plus side, I would make up lots of ground on the run-ups and pavement. Both Ted and I finished the race with burning legs and heaving lungs. It was, afterall, the first race in weeks for either of us. We both had fun, but also realized that we need to really get in shape and work on our technical skills, especially me!
Tia and Andy's wedding on Sunday was very nice with a lakeside ceremony, good food, and lots of conversation. We were very glad that we could make the trip over to be there, and the opportunity to do a cross race was just a bonus.

I am riding for the Vanderkitten cyclocross team this fall, which I'm very excited about. More to follow on that.

No comments: