Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pygmy Rabbit

Tater Tot, a female Pygmy Rabbit at WSU.

My friend Laura, a wildlife biologist at WSU, showed me around some of the facilities here yesterday. She works with a variety of animals, so I got to see the grizzly bears, baby deer, and Pygmy Rabbits. The grizzlies are always impressive and it was really cute to see the cubs brawling. I had specifically asked if I could see a Pygmy Rabbit, and boy are they cute. They are so small! Laura told me they would make Cottontails look ugly, and they pretty much do. The Washington population of Pygmies is extinct, so WSU and other facilities are attempting to crossbreed and increase the population.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I like your pygmy rabbit's and hope that I can get one someday ^_^ bye.

Anonymous said...

BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me the anonymous one just saying hi so hi every one i love pygmy rabbits they are so cute and i hope i can get one cause i relly like them and if i do get one is name is going to be SHIBA cause i like that name well i got to go now so BYE sand my luv to all the pygmy rabbits. BYE .P.S the anonymous one.