Friday, January 18, 2008

Cycling Art




Ted gave this commemorative poster to me for my birthday. It is really cool visually, but it also has a neat story behind it. The artist, Hannah Kirshner, also happens to be a cyclocross racer, and I have raced against her a few times. Ted and I briefly chatted with her at one Seattle race several months ago.

Around my birthday a couple months ago, Ted saw an article online, advertising Hannah's posters. She was making and selling the posters to help fund her own trip to cyclocross nationals in Kansas. Ted thought they were really cool, and also wanted to help her make it to nationals, so he bought a poster for my birthday, and had it neatly matted and framed. The mat color is a perfect match for the red in the print. So, we now have this cool print hanging on our wall, and it commemorates our trip to Kansas.

1 comment:

StevenCX said...

That is a pretty sweet poster! Although the flowers are a bit out of place the way the conditions turned out!