Saturday, January 19, 2008

Long Ride
















We may still be unable to ride here in Pullman, but at least we have the Lewiston/Clarkston valley nearby. It really is amazing to see the climate differences between here and there, even though there are only 35 miles in between. We headed down to ride this morning, inviting others to join, but having no takers. I guess no one was "up to" our planned ride.

We managed to get five hours of riding, 70 miles, and almost 7600 feet of climbing... and we stayed dry! The forecast called for rain or snow, but the skies were kind and held off until 5 minutes after we returned to the car. Thank goodness we opted to only go halfway up the Lewiston Grade or we would have been very cold and wet. It never went above 39.

We rewarded ourselves by sharing a Fazzari's Shotsy pizza with my parents (excellent pizza!), and now get to take tomorrow off. It was so fun to get outside to ride today, but I am tired from my first long ride of 2008.

3 comments:

June said...

Nice ride! I miss having that option of riding in the low valley. And the Shotsy pizza, I never would have tried it if you didn't order it that one time. amazing. I like putting fried potatoes on my pizza.

Matt Weyen said...

right on! wish I could go for that ride, but maybe I miss fazzari's even more!

Anonymous said...

That's a good ride, miss it. Makes me think of Travis Brown and his flats... Doubt I could manage it now as a fat Chicago trumpeter! I did ride a hundy while on Whidbey during break after not touching my bike for 5 months...4 hrs 50min!! ouch!