Sunday, February 03, 2008

Riding, goodies, and Paris

We capped off our long weekend (thanks to the closure of WSU) with a long outdoor ride. The road to Lewiston has been closed off and on all week, but we were able to drive to Moscow and then cut down. Can you tell that we're desperate to ride outside? Today's ride was far easier than that of last weekend, but we all said we could feel our legs more at the end of today... I guess that big week of training is starting to hit me.

We have several goodies in the house right now and, thanks to today's hours in the saddle, we can enjoy them guilt-free! Fresh cornbread with crumbled bacon, homemade English muffins, and chocolate creme brulee will all be munched on in the coming hours. I love days when you ride enough that you don't even have to worry about what you eat.

With any luck, Rusty and I will be taking a trip to Paris at the end of the month. He's still waiting for the final word on how many days he will have off, but it's looking like it should work. It'll be a relatively short trip (5 or 6 days at the most), but we should be able to pack a lot in. If you have any suggestions of things to do or see, let me know!

2 comments:

UltraMick said...

Musee d'Orsay. It's like an art history textbook come to life.

June said...

someday when I go to Paris I'd definitely check out Versaille and see a real fashion show.