Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Early Races Hurt

The first road race of the year for us was last Saturday, and I'm not sure my legs were quite ready for it. I'm not really disappointed or surprised because it's so early, and almost everyone else has more racing already in their legs. I know I just need to get some race efforts under my belt and then I'll start to come around pretty fast. Ted fared slightly better than I did, but he still feels the same way. Good thing we have back-to-back road races this weekend!

The Cougars did so well against Notre Dame Saturday. After not having a great race, at least I got to listen to them win! I was working in a lab on campus today and overheard someone saying that people were lining the street outside. Sure enough, a crowd of people had formed, many with Cougar signs. Word had spread that the Cougar bus would be driving by shortly to take the team to the Lewiston airport. So, of course I had to go out and join the crowd, despite Ted's comments that I was a "dork." It's cool to see how excited Pullman is for this team.

Mom and Dad have become quite the fans too, and they headed to the Lewiston airport to see the team off today. Even Dad asked Kyle Weaver for an autograph! The next game is Thursday afternoon against North Carolina, which is arguably the "best" team in the country. It will be fun, but stressful, to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DORK!

Rusty said...

DORK!

Matt Weyen said...

3rd time's a charm.

DORK!

but I am too, so, oh well