Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ready to Race


My new Bob's team kit.


A typical beautiful view we see on our Palouse training rides.

It took a while for me to get adjusted after my return from Paris. I immediately hopped back on the bike after taking quite a few days off, and it has felt great to be back in the swing of things. Most people have already begun their racing seasons, but Ted and I have yet to race. I think we're both getting antsy now, which is good since we'll be racing the next 8 or 9 weekends in a row.

Our season will begin this Sunday with a time trial in Boise. A five hour drive is a long way to go for a time trial, but it'll be good to visit with the team, especially since I missed the team training camp to get ready for France.

Ted told me last night that there is "no way" I'll win Sunday's time trial. I was slightly offended until I realized why he had made such a comment... none other than Kristin Armstrong (the former world time trial champion) is registered. At least I'll get to see how I compare against the best!

Half time is almost over in the Cougar vs. Ducks game, so I'm off to root on my boys. All of the home games are now over and I already miss them! I think we'll have to get season tickets again next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothin' against him, but glad you proved your man wrong :-) Great job out there!
Sarah Brown