Monday, December 04, 2006

Day 1

I'm sitting in my hotel room in Rio Rancho, NM with the first day of the personal chef course behind me. It was a long day and I feel a bit "brain dead" right now, as a lot of information is being crammed into this week. I can tell the class is going to be very beneficial.

There are only six of us in this class (a full class is 12), so we get to interact a lot with the instructors and each other. It's definitely an odd mix of people. I am the youngest and the only one from the northwest. The other two women are from California and Maryland, having previous careers in the corporate world and as a preschool teacher. The three men are from Arizona and Illinois. Half the class already have degrees from culinary schools and are seeking the personal chef lifestyle after working on the restaurant scene.

I spent the whole day in the classroom today, but should get some time in the kitchen tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be another long, informative day!

No comments: