Tuesday, August 14, 2007

home and ready to exercise!

This is the result of Ted going through his T-shirt drawer after we moved.



After a week of way too much food in Chicago and Wisconsin, it's nice to be home and getting back on the exercise track. I let all dietary caution go out the window and enjoyed cheese, cheese curds, frozen custard, deep-dish pizza, wine, and Chicago-style hot dogs. I guess that explains why light salads have tasted so good the past few days.


We got back on Friday, which ended up being a very long, frustrating travel day for me. I used my family perks for Rusty being a pilot, which meant a free ticket, but also put me flying standby. I was unable to get on Ted's 9 am flight out of Chicago because it was overbooked. Nor was I able to get on the 11 am flight. I finally got the last seat on the noon flight, which took me to Minneapolis. By that time, Ted was long gone on what was supposed to be the last leg of our trip. After searching around for someone who would actually be willing to help me find a new flight to Spokane, I ended up getting the last seat on a flight to Seattle, with hopes that I would then catch a flight to Spokane or Pullman.


Since the only flights out of Seattle were Horizon or Alaska, and my family benefits are through Northwest, I was essentially stuck. In order to get on a flight to Spokane or Pullman, I needed to have a paper ticket, which I did not have! I was told to call Rusty and have him get me some sort of pass, which he had never heard of; with some research, he discovered that he needed to order the pass two weeks prior to the flight, and it would then be mailed to his house. Obviously, that was not going to work. My options were to rent a car and drive 5 hours home (I had already been traveling for 10+ hours), or purchase a ticket to Spokane or Pullman. The only Pullman flight had left by this time, so I had to buy a ticket to Spokane. This meant that poor Ted had to drive up to Spokane and pick me up.


Ted had gotten into Spokane at 1 pm, so he drove home to pick up Hitcher and do some stuff around the house. I didn't arrive in Spokane until about 7. Long day! We had a good dinner in Spokane at the Latah Bistro (thanks to Mom and Dad for offering to treat us) and then drove home.


It was really nice to have nothing planned for Saturday and Sunday since my clock was so thrown off. We went mountain biking both days at Moscow Mountain, which is something I really need to do consistently to help me get ready for cross season. There's still a lot to get done at the new house here too, but it's slowly coming along.


While in Chicago, I was emailed by a potential personal chef client. The woman is a recent widow, who is pregnant and has a five year old. She is also Jewish and Vegan. If she ends up hiring me, it'll definitely be a challenge; all meals will have to be Kosher, Vegan, and kid-friendly! I also have a new business idea in mind, but I'm not going to divulge any info until I research it further.


That's all for now!

No comments: