Monday, August 27, 2007

Today is Pazza's birthday. She's 2!


We've been doing a fair amount of mountain biking lately. Lord knows I can use all the practice I can get! The nice thing is that I can actually see the progression as I get better and more confident. Don't get me wrong - I'm still a wuss, but I'm less of a chicken than I used to be.




We went up to Moscow Mountain yesterday morning with Chris and Lorena, who offered to show us some trails. We had been doing the same loop over and over, so it was fun (and a little scary!) to try some new trails. Seeing as my first cross race is probably a week from today, I need to get myself heading into off-road mode... and fast.




Lots of people walk by our house since it is in a neighborhood full of families and is directly across the street from the park. Hitcher howls at anyone passing with a dog, and even quite a few without, which is what the bark collar is for. There is only one person at whom he never howls - our 98 year old neighbor who walks to the park with her walker. We have yet to meet her, but other neighbors have told us that she lives alone and walks all over town with her walker. Hitcher will quietly watch her, or walk along beside her as she passes our fence, but he has never howled at her. It's almost as if he knows better than to bother this old lady.




No comments: