Friday, August 24, 2007

Rafting

Rusty and his girlfriend, Deborah, came back for a few days to visit this week.
Since Rusty and Deborah were in town, we all decided to take a raft trip on the Salmon River. Mom sat this one out. Left to right we have: me, Ted, Dad, Rusty, and Deborah.


Ted was first up in the kayak since he was the one who was most enthusiastic about it. He ended up kayaking when the sun was directly overhead and forgot to put sunscreen on the fronts of his legs, so he has some very red shins right now!


Rusty was sure that Ted was going to end up in the water, so we were all waiting for Rusty to have his moment of glory. Surprisingly enough, he made it through without turning it over.








Finally, it was my turn in the kayak. I had never gone kayaking before, and it turned out to be really fun. Our guide forgot to mention that I would have two rapids to go through, rather than one. The 2nd one sure looked big to me, but I made it through without capsizing. My arms and torso were very sore the next day, as were my legs from running, so I was pretty much sore all over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try going to the Ocoee River in TN. www.raft1.com

Anonymous said...

I went with Raft One and they were awesome!! There number is 1-888-723-8663 and the guys names are Dusty and Brent. We went and had been on many youth group rafting trips and they were so much better than we had ever experienced.