Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Very Random Assortment of Things

These little buggers hang out in our trees each morning, causing Hitcher to spend hours looking skyward, and, of course, to howl.







Mmmmmmm.....uffaletta. We had some authentic New Orleans-style olive salad on hand, so I made this muffaletta for dinner one night last week. Well, actually, it lasted for more than 1 meal - more like 3.





I finally met our 98 year old neighbor two evenings ago. She said, "Your dog is the best behaved dog. He never barks at me." Ted says her comments are proof of her senility.


Hitcher came darn close to eating my parents' parakeet yesterday. The poor bird was all ruffled and worked up. Apparently, later that evening, the bird got loose in the house after biting my dad, and both the dog and cat were chasing it around.



I've never really been allergic to anything before, but I am certainly suffering from seasonal allergies right now. I had a bad reaction in the middle of our group ride last Saturday, so I'm now taking OTC Claritin. It seems to help a bit.



We're having a cocktail party on Friday night. I think we're both hoping it will force us to organize the spare bedroom/office, along with being fun, of course. After having a few weekends at home, we're heading toward Seattle this weekend for Tia and Andy's wedding (http://cannondalegirl.blogspot.com/) and a cross race.


















No comments: