Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Breaking?

Am I breaking? I started physical therapy again today, seeing the same guy I saw last year for my back. After a prelimary examination, he suspects I have either a herniated disc or something like Piriformis Syndrome that is affecting my nerve. I have a whole new set of exercises and stretches to do, and I will be in PT 2x per week for a minimum of a month (sounds more like 10 weeks). I can only hope that it does not affect my racing season too much. I have a lot more fitness this year than I had last year, but that's not saying a lot since I barely rode/raced last year! I am not even 30 and I appear to already be falling apart.

1 comment:

Carlos said...

I had/have piriformis syndrome too. Lasted all of '09, but wasn't properly diagnosed until last December.

At its worst, I couldn't lift my leg or slouch.

A week of stretching made the nerve irritation recede. Now I try to cross my legs (ankle on knee) as often as I can.