Saturday, February 27, 2010

I rode my bike in Cheney this morning. The riding there is great, but I couldn't believe how much trash I saw on the sides of the road. To make it even worse, there were 100s of empty alcohol containers. Scary!

We went to our final Cougar basketball game as season ticket holders. It was a good game, except for the three twenty-year-old girls who sat behind us. They were wearing Cougar colors, but constantly ridiculed the Cougar players, and their language was foul! After listening to the one idiot girl scream at Klay Thompson that he "f-ing sucks," Ted turned around and asked her what her problem was. She proceeded to tell Ted he is too old to be in college, has gray hair, and is a "f-ing f-er." Her friends soon joined in, and they proceeded to kick the back of my seat for the duration of the game. They also bopped us on the head with their foam cheering things. I was just waiting for gum to be put in my hair!

The language never ceased, and the 3 girls just seemed to encourage each other. They were cursing at the players, us, the refs, the fans of UW, and they thought they were hilarious. It was disgusting and classless. Are kids not taught respect anymore? These girls were an embarassment to themselves, their university, and their families. Our country is in trouble with up-and-comers like these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess they figured that they might as well ruin it for everybody --losers!