Friday, October 26, 2007

Animals, animals, animals

What is up with my animals? If it's not one who is sick or injured, it's the other. A matter of weeks ago Hitcher had a nail stuck in his paw. Today, little Pazza had to go in for a ruptured, infected abscess on her tail.

We first noticed a bump on her tail about a week ago, but didn't think much of it since it wasn't visible and didn't seem to be bothering her. When we eventually tried to look at the bump up close, we discovered a foul odor, so the possibility of infection popped up. Since we're racing again over the weekend, I decided to take her in today. Sure enough, they shaved a section of her tail to reveal an open, infected wound. They cleaned it and put one stitch in to encourage healing, and she's on antibiotics for a week. Poor little thing. I got her a new ball at Shopko tonight and we played fetch for a while. Our friend Ben, the future veterinarian, will check in on her over the weekend and give her the antibiotics.

Our weekend in Walla Walla should be a good time. Mom and Dad are heading over to watch us race and we'll have a good dinner tomorrow night at Whitehouse-Crawford. I just hope I can race. Still not sure about that. I plan to start tomorrow, and then I'll quit (or at least walk), if I have to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though!

No comments: