Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Playing in the snow







Pullman has woken up to snow the past two mornings, and, oddly enough, it's not really annoying me that much. Give me a couple more weeks of indoor training and I'm sure I'll be sick of it, though. I do have to say that it is really fun to watch Hitcher with the snow because he goes wild for the stuff.


I am occasionally going to be filling in as a worker at the WSU deer pens; they use the animals for research. I worked there for a few hours on Monday and the little fawns are adorable. They have 27 fawns right now and they are so friendly and tame. I was told that the only thing to worry about with the babies is that they'll love you too much. The adult bucks, however, are a different story. It is the peak of breeding season right now and the males do not at all like anyone going near the females. One buck in particular snorts and makes threatening noises if you even walk by the pen. Then, when you go enter the pen to feed them, he heads straight for you, with a goal of headbutting you into a corner. Thankfully, his rack has been removed, but he still makes me nervous! I'll take the sweet, innocent fawns, thanks!



For anyone who enjoys things cycling-related, I have to recommend the Bikecar movie. It was made by two brothers from Moscow, along with some others. They built this "bikecar" and pedaled it all around the northwest to different snowboarding venues. Ted and I found it very entertaining, and we can vouch that the filmmakers are great people (pro snowboarders and cyclocross racers). An extended version of the DVD will be out soon... hopefully in time for Christmas.


The main guy in the film, Louie, has little twin daughters who go to all of our cyclocross races to cheer on their dad. Ted has become their favorite cheering subject because they love to shout "Go Teddy Bear!" at the top of their lungs.

No comments: