Sunday, November 11, 2007

Race Skippage

We packed our bags and made our watter bottles last night, setting our alarms for 7 am. They went off and we decided not to make the trip to Coeur d'Alene for today's race. I've been a bit sick all week, battling a sore throat, congestion, headaches, chills, etc. Ted's ankle is still sore and he has a lot to get done here, so we decided it didn't make sense to make the trip. The races are so fun for me that it was hard to skip it, but I think it was probably for the best.

We went to the first Cougar men's basketball game Friday night. It was a pretty impressive turnout in comparison to the early games of last season. To make it even better, Patty's Kitchen is now serving food at the games, so we'll be eating dinner at the game on Friday.

Until then, I'm hoping to resume training in the next couple days to be somewhat fit for cyclocross nationals in a month. I've only gotten a couple short spins on my new Giant, but I can already tell I like it!

No comments: